From Writer's hour..words of wisdom


 

๐Ÿ’ญ Words of Wisdom:

❤If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There’s no way around these two things that I’m aware of, no shortcut.”
– Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

❤“Any word that’s really important is also confusing. Words like trust, love, friend, fair, honest, lead, connect, authentic, justice, dignity–they have dozens of different meanings.

Perhaps that’s because they’re important.

It’s worth spending a moment to understand what we mean when we say something that might mean something else.”

– Seth Godin, Words That Matte


❤❤❤❤


“Give a damn every time, every line, every gig, every sketch, whether you wrote it or someone else wrote it, or you were in it or you weren’t in it and you got put in it because four people dropped out…. Here you are now, now give a damn. And then, lo and behold, you do that enough times, then this son of a gun shows up.”

– Jason Sudeikis, Actors on Actors: Jason Sudeikis and Kathryn Hahn (Variety Magazine)

❤❤❤❤


“I go down to the shore in the morning

and depending on the hour the waves

are rolling in or moving out,

and I say, oh, I am miserable,

what shall—

what should I do? And the sea says

in its lovely voice:

Excuse me, I have work to do.”

– Mary Oliver, ‘I Go Down to the Shore’ in

A Thousand Mornings


๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปcompletion is perfection 

But now, the older I get, the more I’m learning that completion is perfection. It’s art. At the end of the day, it’s a take, it’s a moment in time. There’s really not a chance for it to not be perfect. After that, you’re doing different chances over and over and over again. So I try to think about that now when I record. I try to think about that now when I design, and make it less about perfection and cleanness, and more about moments.”

– Kilo Kish, in The Creative Independent (March 1, 2022)


Now we will count to twelve
and we will all keep still
for once on the face of the earth,
let's not speak in any language;
let's stop for a second,
and not move our arms so much.
It would be an exotic moment
without rush, without engines;
we would all be together
in a sudden strangeness.

Fishermen in the cold sea
would not harm whales
and the man gathering salt
would not look at his hurt hands.
[…]
If we were not so single-minded
about keeping our lives moving,
and for once could do nothing,
perhaps a huge silence
might interrupt this sadness
of never understanding ourselves
and of threatening ourselves with
death.
[...]
Now I'll count up to twelve
and you keep quiet and I will go.”

– Pablo Neruda, Keeping Quiet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

เดตീเดŸ്เดŸുเดฎുเดฑ്เดฑเดค്เดคൊเดฐു เด”เดทเดง เดคോเดŸ്เดŸം 5

Powerful red tea.. Hibiscus tea

เดŽเดจ്เดฑെ เด…เดš്เด›เตป เดŽเดจിเด•്เด•เดฏเดš്เดš whats app kattukal 2